Parents as the Agents of Change
Incorporate the Fundamentals of Neuroplasticity into Everyday Life
A 2-day workshop for parents and caregivers of children with special needs
April 13th & 14th, 2019
Ralph Thornton Community Centre, Toronto, Ontario
Taught by Judith Dack
Senior Anat Baniel Method® NeuroMovement® and Feldenkrais® practitioner bringing 30 years of personal and professional experience in working with children who have special needs.
Recent discoveries emerging from the field of neuroplasticity have affirmed the transformative potential of the Anat Baniel Method® of NeuroMovement® and the Nine Essentials. This method has created powerful breakthroughs for both children and adults with neurodevelopmental conditions such as autism spectrum disorder, cerebral palsy, genetic disorders, and others.
This workshop is designed to give you the opportunity to learn about neuroplasticity, the Nine Essentials of the Anat Baniel Method® and their potential for the growth and development of your child. It is a profound exploration of developmental movement, and will include group lessons, and time for guided practice of skills you can introduce at home. There will be opportunities for learning and exchange with peers, and personal empowerment. You will come away with a good understanding of neuroplasticity, and the possibilities that Neuromovement® can offer to your child.
- Deepen your understanding and experience of the ABM Nine Essentials
- Explore your own brain-body connection
- Discover how to create powerful learning experiences for your child at home
- Participate in open conversations about the joys and challenges of raising a child with special needs
- A brief look at the development of a neurotypical baby, and the importance of understanding a baby’s/toddler’s learning process through movement exploration.
- How neuroplasticity and NeuroMovement can open up a world of possibilities for babies and children.
- How to implement the Nine Essentials for both your children and yourselves, enabling you to parent more effectively and with more ease.
- Movement lessons each day to explore your own brain/body connection and really begin to understand what your child experiences during an ABMNM lesson.
- Hands-on practice and take-home movement sequences to help your child learn and continue to integrate the lessons between series.
- Time to connect, discuss and learn from each other.
ABOUT THE FACILITATOR
Judith Dack is the founder and director of Uptown Studio, in Toronto, where she runs an internationally-recognized private practice focused on children with special needs and their families. She is a certified Feldenkrais practitioner, Anat Baniel Method® NeuroMovement® (ABMNM) practitioner, and Pilates instructor. Judith is also an international speaker and presenter on neuroplasticity and NeuroMovement®, the creator and presenter of Transforming the Life of your Special Needs Child workshops for parents, professionals, and fellow ABMNM practitioners, and is a highly sought-after mentor in her field. She is a former dancer, and is the parent of an adult daughter with special needs.
When: Saturday April 13th & Sunday April 14th, 2019
Saturday 9:30am – 4:00pm, Sunday 10:00am-4:00pm
Early-Bird Price: $300 (+HST = $339). Two family members $500 (+HST = $565) available before March 1, 2019 (pre-registration required). $350+HST/$550+HST after.
Where: Ralph Thornton Centre, 765 Queen St. East, Toronto
WORKSHOP REFUND POLICY
Workshop registration is non-refundable.
If you must cancel, and give at least 10 days notice, a cancellation fee of $100 will be applied, and the remainder of the fee can be applied to the cost of your child’s lessons with Judith Dack, or the next workshop.
If less than 10 days notice, no refunds will be given, but you may transfer your ticket to a friend, caretaker or family member, and send them to the workshop in your place.
If someone other than the workshop registrant will be attending, please send an email to email@example.com with the replacement attendee’s name email address and phone number.