Exploring your Brain-Body Connection
Incorporate the Fundamentals of Neuroplasticity into Everyday Life
A 2-day workshop for parents and caregivers of children with special needs
August 11th & 12th, 2018
Taught by Judith Dack
Senior Anat Baniel Method® NeuroMovement® (ABMNM) practitioner bringing 30 years of personal and professional experience in working with children with special needs.
An understanding of Neuroplasticity has created unprecedented breakthroughs for children with neuro-diversity, such as ADD/ADHD, Autism, Down syndrome, Cerebral Palsy, Genetic Disorders & more. This opportunity allow you to experience neuroplasticity and its potential for your child.
This workshop will incorporate deep experiential explorations, including movement lessons, practice time, and more hands-on activities. There will be opportunities for peer learning, exchange, and empowerment. Time for personal experience will enable participants to incorporate the fundamentals of neuroplasticity into everyday life.
You will come away with a good understanding of neuroplasticity and what possibilities it can provide for your child, using the 9 essentials. Together we will review this methodology through the lineage from Feldenkrais, and the birth of neuroplasticity as a working concept, and on the ABM and NeuroMovement.
- Deepen your understanding and experience of the ABM 9 essentials
- Continue exploring your own brain-body connection
- Learn how to create powerful learning experiences for your child at home
- Dynamic opportunities for peer dialogue and learning through connection and a sense of community
- Addressing the difficult and challenging conversations of raising a child with special needs
- A brief look at neuro-typical development of a baby, the importance of understanding a baby’s/toddler’s learning process through movement exploration.
- How neuroplasticity and NeuroMovement can open up a world of possibilities and learning for our babies and children.
- Utilizing the 9 essentials for both our children and ourselves, enabling us to parent more effectively and with more ease.
- Movement lessons each day to explore your own brain/body connection and really begin to understand your children’s ABMNM lessons.
- Hands on practice and take-home movement sequences to help your child continue the learning between lessons.
- Lots of time to connect, discuss and learn from each other.
BIOGRAPHY, JUDITH DACK
Judith Dack is the founder and director of Uptown Studio, in Toronto, Ontario where she runs an international practice for children with special needs and their families. Former dancer, Feldenkrais practitioner,Anat Baniel Method® NeuroMovement® (ABMNM) practitioner, certified Pilates instructor, and a parent of a young woman with special needs, Judith is an international speaker & presenter on Neuroplasticity and NeuroMovement®, the creator and presenter of Transforming the Life of your Special Needs Child workshops for parents, professionals, and fellow ABMNM practitioners, and is a highly sought after mentor in her field.
- Certified Anat Baniel Method® NeuroMovement® practitioner
- Guild certified Feldenkrais practitioner
- Movement specialist for children with special needs
When: Saturday August 11th & Sunday August 12th, 2018
Saturday 9:30am – 5:00pm, Sunday 10:00am – 4:00pm
Cost: $300 (+ 5% GST = $315). Two family members $500 (+ 5% GST = $525)
Registration: Please email us your name(s) and contact information.
Payment is made by e-transfer to firstname.lastname@example.org
Pre-registration required. Adults only.
Where: Dance Ink, 817 29th St West, Saskatoon, Saskatchewan
WORKSHOP REFUND POLICY
Workshop registration is non-refundable.
If you must cancel, and give at least 14 days notice, a cancellation fee of $50 will be applied.
If less than 14 days notice, no refunds will be given, but you may transfer your ticket to a friend, caretaker or family member, and send them to the workshop in your place.
If someone other than the workshop registrant will be attending, please contact us with the replacement attendee’s name email address and phone number.