JOB POSTING: Office Manager, Uptown Studio, Toronto
Start Date: Spring 2019
Location: Mount Pleasant / Davisville (in Vibrant Mount Pleasant Village)
Hours: 20-30 hours per week
Rate: $18 – 20/hour (depending on experience)
Do you have a friendly and welcoming nature and empathic heart? Are you wild for coordination and project management, able to juggle many tasks at once? Do you have exceptional customer service skills and an interest in helping small business? Does the thought of neuroscience fascinate or inspires you, or are you willing to learn more? Uptown Studio is looking for you. We are seeking a Office Manager in Toronto, to start in May 2019. You can read more about Uptown Studio on our website: uptownstudio.ca
WHO WE ARE
Uptown Studio is a small, but busy, practice in central Toronto, dedicated to transforming the lives of children with various neurological needs. Judith Dack is the founder and director of Uptown Studio using the Feldenkrais® Method and The Anat Baniel Method® NeuroMovement® to teach private lessons, lead group classes, teach workshops and mentor other practitioners, throughout Canada and in Europe.
This is an ongoing position, with varying hours between 20-30 per week (exact days and hours to be mutually negotiated with Judith). Candidates must be located in Toronto and be able to work on-site at Uptown Studio (527A Mount Pleasant Road) except while Judith is out of town (3-5 times per year).
- Create a welcoming environment
- Day-to-day management of onsite clients (welcoming, providing assistance, alerting Judith when the appointment has come to an end, keeping studio tidy)
- Communication with new and current clients: in-person, phone, emails, texts
- Schedule appointments, take care of invoicing and payment
- Keeping the website updated in WordPress
- Managing Judith’s schedule
- Eventually maintaining Judith’s long-term schedule, i.e. booking client follow-up appointments and new client assessments
- Booking travel arrangements
- Sending client invoices and keeping payment records, ensuring thorough, careful records are kept.
- Copy editing newsletters, website copy and other print materials
- Ensuring office supplies are organized and replenished
- Running errands – because this is a small studio be prepared to travel to places like the post office, bank, and local coffee shop
- A warm, friendly and professional demeanour and manner
- Empathy and consideration for children and adults with special needs
- Very strong attention to detail
- Strong organizational skills
- Ability to take direction, follow instructions, and ask questions when needed
- Excellent written and oral communication skills
- Quick learner with proven strategy for learning and remembering job tasks
- Initiative; Judith has very busy days so it is important to be able to work without much supervision and to recognize required tasks independently.
- An ability to see the big picture, while remembering and taking into account the small individual client details. Judith’s booking system is very unique and requires a lot of micro and macro managing. For instance, clients typically do intense back-to-back sessions – (6-10/week) and the client’s needs are taken into consideration when organizing these (if it is a baby – does the appointment conflict with nap time, etc.?)
- Proficiency in Mac operating systems and comfort using/managing office equipment
- Multi-disciplined, resourceful and creative. Someone who wouldn’t be afraid to take on
different responsibilities outside their area of specialization
- Professionalism and poise
- Working knowledge of Microsoft Word and Excel
- Experience coordinating and facilitating workshops or other training and education programs
- An understanding and awareness of the Toronto small businesses
- Familiarity with WordPress, Mailchimp, Eventbrite, Google Suite (Google Docs, Google Sheets)
- Experience with Jane app or another online scheduling/invoicing software.
- Media savvy – creating and maintaining social media channels
- Graphic design – creating images for social media, posters for Judith’s workshops.
- Video Editing – to share Judith’s work online
- Driver’s license and access to own vehicle
You are someone who would want to go the distance with Judith and help expand her impact in innovative ways.
If you think you’d be perfect for Uptown Studio, please send an email to Sara Slater at email@example.com with your resume and cover letter explaining why you’re right for the job.
Deadline to apply is Friday May 17, 2019.